Home|About HTL|Team|Your Family|Your Business|Your Land|Insurance Calculators|News|Contact

HTL Insurance and Investment -

0508 267 267

Farm Assets and Property

Protecting your Assets, People & Property

Farm insurance is vital because your farm is your home but also your business. Our specialist rural adviser teams understand the complexities involved with insuring your farm and protecting your key assets.

Our advisers can help you find the right insurance policies to meet your business needs, including:

  • Material damage insurance - covers anyone running a business in agriculture or horticulture and protects you against damage to farm buildings, their contents and machinery. It also covers fences, culverts, fire fighting and protection costs. For horticulturists, we can cover your greenhouse and the cost to date of growing the plants.
  • Rural business interruption insurance - covers rural businesses, particularly where farms would shut down if essential infrastructure like milking sheds was lost. This insurance covers the reduced turnover and increased working costs resulting from an unexpected interruption to your business. You can also extend the cover to include wages you need to pay.
  • Rural motor vehicle insurance - helps to keep your farm on the move. Reduce repair and replacement costs, along with the disruption and inconvenience, by insuring all your farm vehicles, including tractors, utes and harvesters. This policy can also cover your legal liability for any damage or injury.
  • Rural liability insurance - provides protection against the risks that can cause financial hardship. It makes simple business sense to cover your legal liability for property damage or personal injury resulting from day-to-day farm work. You can also extend this policy to cover forest and rural fires, animal food poisoning and any farmstay business.
  • Rural machinery breakdown insurance - covers essential farm machinery. This policy covers your machinery and equipment if it accidentally breaks down, with a special extension available for submersible pumps. The cover also includes the cost of dismantling and erecting the machinery.
  • Rural stock deterioration insurance - covers agricultural produce that farmers keep under refrigeration. This policy covers refrigerated goods that have deteriorated as a result of the refrigeration machinery failing. You can also extend it to include cryogenic storage of genetic material, such as semen straws and embryos.
  • Rural livestock insurance - covers your high-value individual animals, for death by injury or illness and for fertility. Special options are also available to cover herds, working dogs and horses, and transit.
  • Rural income protection insurance - a versatile rural insurance policy giving farmers adequate protection if illness or injury leaves them temporarily unable to work. Make sure your family and business can cope, with insurance that provides a regular income in uncertain times. We also have cover available for death, permanent disability, medical expenses and the costs of labour replacement.

For all your farm and rural business insurance needs, contact us today for a free, no-obligation chat. 

A free disclosure statement is available on request.